This week Kim and Fulyana continue answering some of the questions sent in by listeners. This is the second of 3 podcasts where some suggestions will be discussed in brief with a view to longer podcasts on some of the topics at a later date. (Thanks again to everyone who sent in questions!)
In this podcast the questions are:
- How do I make myself necessary but not indispensible?
- We have casual Fridays which I hate. I am not comfortable in casual clothes at work, I don’t feel I do my best because of this. What can I do?
- How do you determine whether you need to attend a regular meeting?
- How can I get a meeting changed from face to face to teleconference when the costs are similar?
- How do I deal with disapproval?
- How can I focus at work when I am distracted with problems?
- How do you build a relationship and trust when you are only going to be in a role for a short period – for example, as a contractor?